Achieve similar long-term performance of the S&P 500 Index with less risk
- Investment in low cost, highly liquid S&P equity ETF.
- Purchase exchange traded put options to provide downside protection.
- Sell exchange traded call options to capture implied volatility premiums.
- Actively manage option portfolio to maintain consistent market exposure.
- Reduced draw-downs relative to S&P 500 Index.
- Attempt to achieve positive capture ratio greater than 1 by capturing the majority of the upside performance of the S&P 500 with lower risk.
- Objective, quantitative, and disciplined risk management.
|Total Return %||YTD||1 Yr||3 Yr||Since Reorganization
|West Hills Core Fund||+5.53%||-3.7%||—||+25.31%|
|Index; Morning Star Moderate Conservative Target Risk TR||+4.06%||-5.44%||+5.06%||+0.54%|
|S&P 500 TR||+7.5%||-7.73%||+18.6%||+23.27%|
|Relative Performance %||YTD||1 Yr||3 Yr||Since Reorganization
|West Hills Core Fund||+5.35%||+3.7||—||+25.31%|
|+/- Index; Morning Star Moderate Conservative Target Risk TR||+2.44%||+1.74%||—||+24.77|
|+/- S&P 500 TR||-1.97%||+4.03%||—||+2.04%|
|Peak to Trough Monthly Closings||YTD||1 Yr||3 Yr||Since Reorganization
|West Hills Core Fund||-17.35%||-17.35%||—||-17.35%|
|S&P 500 TR||-23.87%||-23.87%||—||-23.87%|
Performance as of December 31, 2022
|Management Fees||Total Ratio|
Alan McClymonds has been portfolio manager of the West Hills Core Fund since October, 2020. He is personally invested in the fund.
Mr. McClymonds has over 35 years of investing experience. During his career he has been a portfolio manager for Western Asset in Pasadena, CA, and was a Sr. Managing Director for UBS in Stamford, CT.
Mr. McClymonds has a BA in Economics from Colgate University.